Saturday ACT/SAT 2020-2021
Please got to Health and Safety Protocols for the latest information
Chantilly High School will be following all health protocols required by the state of Virginia, Fairfax County, and College Board. Please be aware of the following protocols prior to arriving to test:
Regarding Safety Measures:
- Masks will be required, at all times, for both testers and SAT staff.
- Social distancing will be practiced to the best of the SAT staff’s ability
Regarding Building Entry and Check-in:
Parents will not be permitted in the check in line with their student. They are welcome to wait in the parking lot until their student is admitted.
At each entrance, testers will be required to verbally respond to questions from a “health questionnaire” provided to us by College Board. No tester will be permitted into the building without having completed this questionnaire. Here are the five (5) statements to which a tester must agree:
- In the past 14 days, you have not come into close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has a positive covid-19 test or is presumed to have covid-19.
- You do not have covid-19 or reason to believe you have covid-19. Symptoms of covid-19 include cough, fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- To your knowledge, you are not violating any travel restrictions or quarantining requirements.
- You agree to wear a mask the entire time you’re at this test site and follow instructions from testing staff.
- We have taken measures to help create a safe testing environment; however, it isn’t possible to entirely remove the risk of COVID-19 exposure. By entering the testing room, you’re accepting that risk.
Testers will be required to wear masks at all times upon entering the building.
Tester entry will be staggered, so that only a few are entering the building at a time, to allow space between testers as they locate their assigned testing room.
Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance.
Regarding testing rooms:
As always, before testers can be allowed into their assigned testing room, they must provide two pieces of identification to the Room Proctor -- their printed Testing Ticket, and a valid ID of some kind (please check here concerning allowable and not allowable forms of identification).
- This fall only, testers may be admitted without a printed admission ticket if they can present their admission ticket (PDF) on their mobile phone.
- Testers should do everything they can to have their identification ready when they arrive at their testing room, so they can move into the room quickly and help avoid testers clustering around a test room door.
- Students must temporarily pull their masks down during center and room check-in, pulling them away from their face for ID verification. Efforts will be made to ensure students stand an appropriate distance away from the staff admitting students to the room.
- Each testing room will have a container of hand sanitizer available.
Regarding breaks between testing sections:
Breaks will be extended, to give testers time to use the restroom, etc. without having to cluster around bathroom entrances -- for example, what would normally be a five-minute break will be extended to a ten-minute break.
- Hall Monitors will be moving about the hallways to encourage testers not to cluster together, and to move back into their testing room as quickly as possible.
Regarding student dismissal:
Once testers in a particular testing room have finished, the Room Proctor will dismiss them in a staggered fashion -- testers must then move quickly to exit the building through the same entrance they entered earlier that morning.
Chantilly HS CEEB Code: 470402
- Technology Education Teacher, HS
- Technology Education Teacher, HS