Procedures and policies regarding student attendance
Attendance Policy and Procedures
Call the Subschool / Academy lines
Procedure for Absences
- Parent calls or emails the student’s sub-school on the day of absence. A student may bring a note from parent to the sub-school on the day of return. The absence note must include the student’s name, dates of absence, the reason for absence, parent’s signature and phone number.
- Keep In Touch: Phone calls and emails will be sent home through our Keep In Touch, KIT, phone system as follows:
- A message for any unexcused/unverified absence to any class prior to 9:30 a.m. that day will go out that morning.
- A message for any unexcused tardy to 1st block class or unexcused or unverified class absences other than 1st block will be sent after 5:30 p.m. that day.
- All absences must be cleared up within 3 days otherwise they will be considered unexcused.
- Academy Student Absences: The Academy runs separate attendance from Chantilly HS. Please notify the Academy (703-222-7496) and the student’s sub-school when your student is absent.
- Prearranged Absences: (family, college trips, medical reasons) Student must bring a note to their sub-school at least a week prior to the intended absence. The student will receive a prearranged absence form for teachers to sign, list the missing assignments, and due dates. This would include ending the school year early (within 15 days of the announced last day of school).
- Illness of the student
- Death in the family
- Medical or dental appointment
- Observance of a religious holiday
- Assistant Principal authorization
Unexcused Absences Reasons
- Family and/or student vacations not pre-arranged
- Child care situations
- Non-school-related activities
- Missing the school bus/traffic or weather issues
- Other reasons unacceptable to the Principal
Excused and Unexcused Tardies
- Students late to class without an excused pass will be marked as unexcused tardy for that class. Students with excessive excused absences/tardies may be required to present documentation from a doctor.
Procedures for Check-Ins / Check-Outs
- All excused or unexcused tardy students will report to their sub-school for a check in pass upon arriving at school even if it is in between classes
- Parents may call, email, or write a note with an excuse.
- Unexcused tardies include oversleeping, car trouble, ride not showing up, and traffic.
- For check-outs, the student’s subschool must receive a phone call, an email or a note brought in by the student from the parent before 8:05 am.
- The student will receive a check-out pass to leave school early. The check-out pass gives the student permission to leave class and go outside to meet their parent at the specified time.