- All visitors to the school during regular school hours must park in a visitor parking space.
- All visitors must enter at door 1 and sign in at the main office. You must show proof of a valid driver’s license to sign in. You must wear your visitor badge at all times during school hours. You must sign out at the main office and exit door 1.
- Visitor parking is located directly in front of door 2 and the lower lot located in the vicinity of the traffic light of Stringfellow Road and entrance to Chantilly H.S. south side.
- Visitor parking spaces are clearly marked “VISITOR” in large white letters in the parking space.
- Visitors should not park in assigned numbered parking spaces. These are clearly marked in large white numbers. Numbered spaces are assigned to staff and students attending Chantilly H.S.
- Students, staff, interns or substitutes should not park in visitor parking spaces.
- Any questions contact the Security Specialist Mr. Cline during normal school hours 703.222.7099
Chantilly HS Parking Applications
- Dates for 2018-2019 Parking Applications will be posted soon.
- Students must possess and will be required to show a valid driver’s license at the time parking permits are issued.
Chantilly HS Parking Policy/Regulations
Parking regulations apply to the school parking lot, the parking lot west of Stringfellow Rd. (Little League Baseball Field Lot) and the Chantilly Regional Library parking lot. It is both the student’s and the parent/guardian’s responsibility to know and understand the information contained in the student parking agreement packet.
After completing the required 3 forms (below), please return the appropriate “Security Office Copy” to School Security. The parking permit fee is $200.00 and Library parking permit fee is $100.00. Please attach a check or cash along with the completed parking application. All funds collected as payment for parking will be deposited immediately. Students who apply for parking but do not receive a parking assignment will have their money refunded. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch, please note this on your parking application, Form 3. It will be verified and your parking fee adjusted.
The number of student parking spaces is limited.
- No student is guaranteed a school assigned parking space.
- There is no specific senior, or junior parking areas.
- The number of students applying for parking changes from year to year.
- Parking is offered first to rising seniors.
- Parking privileges will then be offered to rising juniors on a lottery basis if parking space is available.
- If the number of rising senior applications exceeds the number of available student parking spaces, rising seniors will also receive their spaces on a random lottery basis
Completed applications for student parking will be accepted during all lunches. Applications must be delivered to the Security office located in the cafeteria. Do not mail applications. If your application is not received by security it may not be processed.
Incomplete or inaccurate applications may not be processed.
- Applications containing false information will result in the loss of parking privileges with a forfeiture of any fees paid.
- An application that is not complete (no signatures, no vehicle information, missing forms Etc.) may not be accepted or processed.
Parking permits are nontransferable.
- Parking permits are nontransferable and are assigned only to the registered owner listed on the parking application. If a student transfers his/her school parking permit to another student both students will lose parking privileges with no refund of paid parking fees.
- A standard Fairfax County Public Schools identification permit must be displayed on the rearview mirror inside every student-operated motor vehicle when parked on the school premises.
Parking on school grounds is a privilege extended to students in good standing.
- Students with behavioral, issues, or poor school attendance may be denied parking or have their parking privileges rescinded at any time.
- Students found to be in violation of the CHS attendance policy could have their parking permit suspended for a period of time or revoked for the remainder of the school year at the discretion of an Administrator.
- If you choose to carpool with other students it is at your own risk. If a student in that carpool violates the CHS parking policy the parking pass will be suspended or revoked for the entire carpool.
Administration reserves the right to revoke/suspend parking privileges without warning in cases that need immediate attention.
ALL school related fees/dues must be paid in full before a parking application can be accepted.
- Juniors/rising seniors must pay Junior dues prior to submitting an application.
- All financial obligations to the school must be satisfied prior to submitting a parking application and before a parking permit is issued. Check with the finance officer (located in the main office) prior to filling out an application.
Students must possess and will be required to show a valid Virginia driver’s license at the time parking permits are issued picked up.
Issuance of student parking permits on Chargin’ In days
- Security will issue parking permits to rising seniors and juniors during their assigned Chargin In times.
- Parking permits not claimed during Chargin In may be picked up by the assigned student within the first 2 weeks of school in the Security office located in the cafeteria.
- Parking permits not claimed by the second Friday of the school year will be re-sold.
If you do not own a valid parking permit do not park your vehicle on campus.
Security reserves the right to ticket violators of the parking policy.
- Safe operation of the vehicle shall be observed at all times. Speed on school grounds shall not exceed 15 miles per hour—whether or not posted.
- No motor vehicle shall be occupied without permission from the school at any time, for any reason, while it is parked.
- No student shall leave the school in any vehicle during the school day without obtaining permission from the school.
- Neither the school nor the School Board shall assume any responsibility for damage to vehicles or other items of personal property left in them, including parking permits, while on school premises. All vehicles must be locked while parked.
- Student vehicles parked on school property, the West lot and the Fairfax County Regional Library may be searched when there is reasonable suspicion to believe that the vehicle contains illegal drugs, weapons, stolen property, or other contraband, provided the search is conducted primarily for enforcing school policy, order and discipline in the school.
- Texting or use of a cell phone while driving on school property is strictly prohibited.
- Any violation of these regulations or of safe driving practices at any time may result in revocation of the school permit and or further disciplinary action
- Failure to properly display CHS parking permit $15.00, all other parking violations $25.00 for the first violation,
- $50.00 for the second and any subsequent violations. This does not include any parking violations written by the Fairfax County Police Department. Any disputes concerning parking tickets must be brought to the attention of the Security office within 10 days of the issue date of the ticket.