- Dr. Scott Poole
Director of Student Services
- Ms. Robyn Lady
School Counselors and Staff
School Vision Statement
- Chantilly High School students are educated, actively engaged and compassionate citizens.
School and Community Profile
- Chantilly High School, located in the suburbs of western Fairfax County, has a population of 2,762 students, 208 teachers, 11 counselors and 10 administrators. Since opening its doors in 1973, Chantilly has endeavored to provide for students a college/career preparatory education of high quality in all dimensions - intellectual, emotional, social, and physical. Our school is supported by an educated business and professional community that demands excellence. In the classroom, teachers incorporate technology and instructional strategies that develop critical thinking skills, as well as content knowledge. Instruction emphasizes informed problem solving and enables all graduates to independently create workable solutions within a changing society. Our student to faculty ratio is 13 to 1 and the student to computer ratio is 1 to 1.
Extra-Curricular Activities and Athletics
- Chantilly’s rigorous and comprehensive academic program is further enhanced through student participation and success beyond the classroom that includes:
- 21 Virginia High School League (VHSL) Varsity Sports
- 90+ Clubs
- 8 VHSL Academic Teams
- 12 Honor Societies
- View our Student Life and Activities page
Chantilly’s VHSL accomplishments during the tenure of the current senior class include:
- 28 District Titles
- 13 Regional Titles
- 11 State Titles
- Chantilly was 1st in State for the Wells Fargo Academic Cup and 4th in State for the Wells Fargo Athletic Cup
Chantilly is one of 11 high schools from across the United States, to be named a winner of the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 First Amendment Press Freedom Award by the Journalism Education Association. The Award recognizes high schools that actively support, teach, and protect First Amendment rights and responsibilities of students and teachers, with an emphasis on student-run media, where students are responsible for all final decisions of content.
Performing Arts Accolades
Chantilly High School boasts a nationally award winning Performing Arts Program to include:
- Our top 3 Orchestras received excellent and superior ratings at the 2018 District Orchestra Assessments
- Chamber Chorale received a superior rating at the past 6 District Chorus Assessments
- Chantilly Drama is the largest theatre department in FCPS, accolades include:
- 13 District One Act Play Competition Titles, 5 Regional and 4 State Championships
- Cappies Program: Nominated for Best Play 12 times and won Best Set 8 times
- Chantilly Band program serves approximately 10% of the CHS student population:
- 1 of 25 bands nationwide selected to participate in the 2018 National Concert Band Festival
- Straight Superior ratings for both Marching & Concert Band Programs at the 2018 District Band Assessment
- 13 time Virginia Honor Band and 9 time Regional Finalists at Bands of America Marching Competitions
Chantilly Governor's STEM Academy
The Chantilly Governor’s STEM Academy serves over 1500 students from twenty high schools in the FCPS division. As a learning environment dedicated to technology, innovation, discovery, and “real-world problem solving,” Chantilly Academy’s mission is to provide specialized electives in three concentration areas: Engineering & Scientific Technology, Information Technology, and Health & Human Services. More than eighty percent of graduates continue on to postsecondary and higher education.
Student Membership Demographic and groups
Fairfax County Public Schools supports an open enrollment policy regarding student access to honors and AP classes. Any student interested in taking these advanced courses may enroll in them.
Grade 9: 4 (Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles)
Grade 10: All Grade 9, (4) plus Statistics, World History
Grade 11: All 27 offered
Grade 12: All 27 offered
1,090 students took 2,768 tests with 77% passing with a 3 and above2016-2017 AP Testing Results
- 21% scored a 5
- 29% scored a 4
- 27% scored a 3
|Year||Scholars||With Honors||With Distinction||National Scholars|
CLASS OF 2017 NATIONAL CLEARINGHOUSE DATA
4 Year College: 61% 2 Year College: 20% *Fall Semester immediately following high school graduation
STANDARD GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
|Laboratory Science||3 credits|
|History & Social Science||4 credits|
|Health & PE||2 credits|
|World Language, Fine Arts or Career & Technical Ed||2 credits|
|Economics & Personal Finance||1 credit|
CLASS RANK & GPA
- FCPS/Chantilly High School does not rank students.
- Chantilly High School does not estimate rank.
- All credit courses are included in the cumulative GPA.
- The GPA is weighted by an additional 1.0 for AP/IB courses.
- The GPA is weighted by an additional .5 for Honors courses in Math, English, Science & Social Studies.
- The 6th semester GPA range for the class of 2019 is 1.285 to 4.528 Class of 2019 = 671 students