Observation Guidelines for Chantilly High School
The following guidelines have been developed in order to maintain a safe and secure learning environment at Chantilly High School. Any visitor is a guest of CHS and is under the authority ofthe building principal.
- Parents/observer must contact the appropriate subschool assistant principal in advance to arrange a mutually agreed upon date and time to observe in the school setting. Please provide specific reasons for the visit to assure the observation is productive and appropriate. Permission is required in order to arrange the observation.
- The building principal or assistant principal reserves the right to refuse or decline an observation or visit if it is deemed inappropriate or if it is believed the observation may cause a disruption to the educational environment.
- Observations are set for a limited amount of time not to exceed 15 minutes (or time determined by administrator) in an individual classroom setting. This will assure a limited amount of disruption and distraction for the students and teachers. If the parent/guardian would like to complete more than one visit/observation, he/she must seek permission from the student’s assistant principal.
- The assistant principal or principal’s designee will be present during all observations.
- If a parent wishes to bring another visitor/observer with him/her, permission must be sought from the subschool assistant principal. Other family members, consultants/advocates, therapists and/or other professionals visiting must be approved by the subschool assistant principal.
- No pictures, video taping or electronic devices will be allowed during the observation.
- Shadowing of CHS students is not permitted.
- Visitors are required to check in at the main office.
- Parents interested in new student tours may contact Denise Rodgers, registrar, at 703-222-8150, for scheduled dates.