Student Registration


We're excited to welcome our newest Chargers!

If you are just getting started in the registration process, please submit the form below and we will contact you about starting the enrollment process. 

Here is some additional information about the enrollment process. 

Register a Student New to FCPS

Please follow the instructions on the FCPS General Registration Requirements.

The FCPS General Registration Requirements page will help you determine where to register: either at Chantilly HS or at the closest Student Registration Welcome Center. You will also find complete details about the documents you will need, such as a birth certificate, and the forms you will need to complete.

A student's home address determines his or her high school. To confirm that Chantilly HS is your local school, use the FCPS Boundary Locator.  

Moving to Chantilly HS from Another FCPS High School 

If your student is attending an FCPS high school, but you will be moving to a new primary residence with Chantilly HS as a base school, you will first need to contact the registrar at the current high school to arrange to withdraw your student. Then you will need to contact the Chantilly HS registrar to enroll your student.  

Items Needed for Registration (for Existing FCPS Student) 

  • Proof of Residency in Fairfax County - You will be required to show proof of residency during the registration process.
  • Proof of Parent Identity - When registering, the student must be accompanied by the parent or legal guardian with whom he or she lives in Fairfax County. Only a parent who is named on the child's birth certificate is eligible to enroll the student. The accompanying parent will be required to present government-issued photo identification.
  • Withdrawal Form - It is very important that you bring the Withdrawal Form (obtained from your current school) if you are moving during the school year. If you are moving during the summer, you will need the student's course selections and/or a transcript from your previous school so that your student can be placed in the appropriate classes.
  • Forms - You will need to fill out and submit the following three forms to the Chantilly HS registrar:

Moving to Chantilly HS from an FCPS Middle School Not Within Chantilly HS Boundary

Contact the registrar at the current middle school if your 8th-grade student is attending an FCPS middle school, but will be moving from one FCPS high school boundary to the Chantilly HS boundary.

During the summer, you will need to provide the same documentation as students moving from an FCPS high school to Chantilly HS.

Moving to Chantilly from an FCPS Middle School Within Chantilly HS Boundary

If a student is attending a middle school within the Chantilly boundaries, he or she will not need to register. They are already registered within the system. 

Withdraw a Student from Chantilly HS

Student withdrawals must be in writing. We recommend you allow at least two days during the school year for the student to get work-in-progress grades, return their laptop and books, etc. 

Transfer a Student from Chantilly HS to another FCPS High School

A student is expected to attend the school that serves his or her attendance area. Transfer requests are considered for very specific reasons as outlined in FCPS School Board Regulation 2230.

Student transfer information is available if a parent would like to transfer a student from a base school to another school within FCPS. However, a  school must be open to transfers, based on student capacity, etc. For example, Chantilly High School is currently closed to student transfers. 

If your student currently attends Chantilly High School and you have transfer questions, please contact Deb Marciello, SIA at 703-653-1001 or [email protected].

Other Ways the Registrar Can Help

Please contact our registrar if you need to change parent information, such as email address, or student contact information such as name, address or custody.

For Parents of Rising 9th, 10th, 11th, 12 Grade Chantilly HS Students to Submit.

  • Please submit this form in English.
  • If you have already begun the process of student enrollment, there is no need to submit this form.
Is This the Student's First Year in FCPS?

Are You Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or in Addition to English?

Student families wishing to register a  student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.  

Do You Have Special Registration Situations? 

Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.