Winter Food Drive
Help Us Support Our Students!
It’s that time of year again where the weather turns chilly and the winter coats come out of storage! As winter break approaches, we are all excited to rest and relax and enjoy family meals. While many of us frequently enjoy warm meals, there are some members of our community who face food insecurity on a daily basis. In that spirit, Chantilly High School has begun its Winter Break Food Drive. For some of our students, the school breakfast and lunch are the only consistent meals we can count on. This leaves them in need over the winter break.
The faculty and staff at CHS are collecting the items listed below. In order to ensure a wide variety of nutritional options for our students the departments have divided up the requested items. Students should bring their donations to their teachers Monday, November 11, 2019 through Friday, December 6, 2019.
- Art is collecting Ramen Noodles, Vienna Sausages, Canned Vegetables
- Career and Technical Education is collecting Peanut Butter in cups, Applesauce, Canned Vegetables
- English is collecting Canned Chicken, Pudding Packs, Goldfish Crackers
- Math is collecting Capri Sun/Juice Boxes, Fruit Cups, Fruit Snacks
- PE is collecting Capri Sun/Juice Boxes, Mac and Cheese Cups, Canned Beans
- Science is collecting Ravioli/Pasta Cups, Breakfast Bars, Granola Bars
- Social Studies is collecting Canned Tuna, Cracker Packs (cheese/peanut butter, toast and cheese, Captain’s Wafers), Cookies (Famous Amos, Chips Ahoy, Oreos, etc.)