Tech Support for Students
SUPPORT OPTION 1: Students who are present in the building for instruction:
- Students may come to Room 209 anytime our door is open for support.
SUPPORT OPTION 2: Students who need support on an asynchronous day, virtual day or because they are always virtual:
- On the Chantilly web site https://chantillyhs.fcps.edu there is a contact page which has the Technology Support Portal for Parents & Students
- Once we receive the ticket from this site we will reach out to the student with our scheduling link to arrange a time to meet with the student at the main entrance.
- To quickly resolve password problems, teachers may reset student passwords
- Students can reset their own passwords if they have previously signed up for password recovery here: https://itweb.fcps.edu/accountrecovery/
- A reset password will sync with SIS, Blackboard, and Google.
- The FCPSOn laptop login will not sync up to a new password unless the student logs into the FCPSOn laptop with the new password on an FCPS school campus.
- New Passwords Must: be at least 8 characters long, have upper and lowercase letters, a number and cannot contain the student’s first name, last name or student ID number. They also cannot reuse previous passwords.
Students who need an FCPSOn Laptop:
- If you know a student that has not gotten an FCPSOn laptop they can use either support option to get one.
Students who need a new laptop charger:
- If a laptop charger is present, but broken, we will swap it free of charge. They can use either support option to request a replacement.
- LOST or STOLEN charger replacements must be purchased on MySchoolBucks.com. Once purchased we get a notification and will reach out to the student to give them the new charger.
- We do not issue loaner laptops or chargers out to students. It creates a precedent where the devices start being actively left at home.
- We do not have the inventory to loan out equipment for all of the students that forget devices each day.
- Having multiple devices and loaners checked out to a student that does not return them becomes a huge financial obligation.
Students with Personal Devices:
- We do not provide direct support for the personal devices or home networks of students.
- Here are some handouts for getting personal devices connected to our wireless network.
Other Technology Tips For Students
- Computer won’t boot – Plug into power for 1 minute, hold down power button for a full 30 seconds. Press power button again.
- Students should restart frequently and occasionally leave their computer logged in and turned on overnight so updates can occur.