Academic Advising/Course Selection for 2021-22
Academic Advising/Course Selection for 2021-2022 School Year
Counselors will be meeting with students over the next several weeks for Academic Advising.
- 11th Grade (Rising Seniors) – Meetings during Advisory/LS on Tuesdays (January 26 – March 2)
- 10th Grade (Rising Juniors) – Meetings during Health & PE 10 Assigned by PE Teacher (January 26-February 10)
- 9th Grade (Rising Sophomores) – Overview during Health & PE 9 on Thursday, February 4 or Friday, February 5, Meetings Begin February 16 in Health & PE 9
9th and 10th grade students enrolled in Online Campus PE 9 or 10 or those not enrolled in PE this year will receive an email from their counselor with information.
Current CHS students should check their FCPS email accounts regularly for updates and information about Academic Advising from counselors.
Chantilly HS Student Services has organized a Google Site with resources related to Academic Advising: https://sites.google.com/view/chs-academic-advising
This site includes information on entering Course Requests in StudentVue, graduation requirements, course recommendations by grade level, Honors/AP course expectations, Dual Enrollment and more.
Note: In order to access this site, students may have to log out of their FCPS Google Account. If you receive a ‘not found’ error while trying to access the site, check your browser to ensure you are not logged in to an FCPS Google Account.
Virtual Curriculum Fair
Current CHS students (grades 9, 10 and 11) reviewed a Virtual Curriculum Fair Google Site during Advisory on Thursday, January 7.
Families and students are encouraged to use these resources throughout the Academic Advising process for information on academic and elective courses available next year.
Note: In order to access this Google Site – students may have to log out of their FCPS Google account.
Upcoming Academy Open Houses for Students & Families
The following FCPS high school Academies will be offering Virtual Open House programs for interested students and families to learn more about the courses they are offering during the 2021-22 school year.
General information on FCPS Academy programs is available online here: https://sites.google.com/view/chs-academic-advising/course-information-videos
- Fairfax Academy: Tuesday, February 2 from 6:30pm-7:30pm (https://fairfaxacademy.fcps.edu/event/open-house)
- Chantilly Academy: Thursday, February 4 from 6:00pm-7:00pm (https://chantillyacademy.fcps.edu/open-house)
- Falls Church Academy: Thursday, February 11 from 6:30pm-8:00pm (https://fallschurchacademy.fcps.edu/announcements/falls-church-academy-virtual-open-house)
Rising 9th Grade
8th grade students will work with their middle school counselors to finalize their course selections for next year.